Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chick Pea Herb Wraps With Artichoke Butter



I’m not sure how this happened, but Carl talked me into going to a minor league baseball game this weekend. This will be the fourth baseball game I’ve attended in 31 years of life. I plan on smuggling in a book, headphones, and some yummy plant based sandwiches that are perfect for Labor Day plans of all varieties. I’ve already made big Monday afternoon bike ride plans for the leftovers.

Serves: 4

What you need:
1 can artichoke hearts
1 can chick peas
1 jar roasted red pepper strips
2 cups of spinach
1/4 onion, minced
2 tablespoons fresh green herbs (basil, parsley, or tarragon)
1 lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 whole wheat tortillas

What to do:
Drain artichoke hearts and puree in a food processor to make the artichoke butter. (I used my mini KitchenAid.) Set aside. Drain and wash chick peas. Mash them in a bowl with a fork. Add olive oil, juice of one lemon, herbs, onion, and stir. Set aside. Spread one or two tablespoons of artichoke butter on a tortilla. Layer with 1/2 cup spinach, a few strips of roasted red pepper, and about 1/4 cup of the chick pea mixture. Repeat until you have four yummy wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment